Thursday, November 25, 2010

(Politics/Travel) Pat DOWN and Shut UP

If I go to a restaurant, I expect my host or hostess to take me to my seat, it’s their job.  When I am seated I expect someone to take my order and someone to bring me my food.  It’s what I pay for and it’s what they are being paid to do.  With that being said, when I purchase tickets to fly on an airline, I expect and agree to have the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) protect my well being.  If that means search me or “touch my junk”, then by all means, “touch my junk”.  Neither I, nor anyone else should get upset with a TSA agent for doing his or her job. 
I’m sure by now many of you have gotten some wind of all the hoopla going on with TSA screenings and how some may feel it’s a little too invasive and some have even resulted to comparing the screening to sexual harassment.  Seriously, SEXUAL HARASSMENT… Give me a break.  Look, I understand being a little stand-offish about the scanners because of fears of radiation.  But if you decline going through the scanner then your other options are to get patted down by a TSA agent or leave.  Let me remind you that when you purchase your tickets, whether you read the fine print or not, you already agreed to TSA procedures, screenings, and pat downs.  Now that you all of a sudden have to go through with it, you get defensive.  What is it that you have to hide?  By you I mean Mr. Tyner seen all over the news and YouTube recently after him secretly video recording his experience at an airport terminal getting ready to be screened.  If you have not already seen the video, click here.  So I’ve heard most of your interviews and how you go on and on about not having anything on you such as a bomb or what not,  If you don’t have anything illegal on your person then why all the fuss?  What exactly are you trying to hide?  I’ll just let my readers comment on what they think you’re hiding. 
In the mean time, I will say this.  I served my country in the United States Military and I just so happen to know a little more than the average person about threats to our Country and so forth.  September 11th hit a little too close to home for me because I am from New York City and my family still resides in New York City.  When 9/11 happened I was already deployed to a remote location in the Middle East.  I take my safety to heart and it’s definitely not a joke when I travel.  It shouldn’t be a joke to anyone who travels.  This is very serious and I would hate to be the guy on the ground or in the air that gets hurt or dies because my government didn’t do everything in their power to protect its citizens because one man made a big deal about how invasive TSA screening is. 
Who in their right mind would want our TSA agents to be more laxed and just let anyone go through our airports and fly on our planes and not screen individuals as they see fit.  In fact, because today is Thanksgiving, thank you men and women of TSA.  Thank you of course to the men and women of our Armed Forces.  Thank you America for such a wonderful country that we live in.  Because of our military, our local law enforcement, our government, and yes, even our TSA agents "I am not afraid of anything in this world". 

9 comments:

  1. He was hiding his tiny penis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd rather you touch my junk than let some terrorist on board. What an idiot. TSA should make an example out of this guy and fine him for all that he's got.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a violation to my personal space. Regardless if you're the government, local or state authorities, you should never be allowed to violate me that way. Especially if I have done nothing wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm with Ricky. if i aint do shit wrong why should you be friskig me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unless I have something to hide, by all accounts, search me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why can the government do it and not anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  7. As long as shes hot she can frisk me but if its some ugly ass fool then I'm with the dude that says dont touch my junk.

    ReplyDelete